Inspired Minds Music Terms and Conditions
Inspired Minds Music intends to provide a quality, comprehensive music program and our students desire to enroll in a course of study of music performance or education. Inspired Minds Music and the STUDENT agree as follows:
- The term “Inspired Minds Music”, as used in this contract, includes its current and future managers, employees and independent contractors. The term “STUDENT”, as used in this contract, includes the person enrolled in or intended to be enrolled in a program offered by Inspired Minds Music by means of this contract, and his or her parents or guardians, or the assigned heirs, or executors.
- The STUDENT hereby agrees and acknowledges that at all times the student is in attendance at the school, he/she shall be using the facilities and equipment at his/her own risk and hereby forever releases Inspired Minds Music from any responsibility from injuries and/or damages caused by any person or property relating directly or indirectly to the use of the facilities and/or equipment contained herein.
- Inspired Minds Music reserves the right to change, modify, or cancel any classes due to insufficient enrollment.
- Inspired Minds Music reserves the right to change or modify tuition costs on an annual basis with a minimum of 30 day’s notice given to the STUDENT.
The STUDENT agrees to pay a deposit when enrolling in private, group or ensemble lessons. The deposit will be equal to one month’s tuition of the program(s) they are registered in. In July, the deposit will be converted to 4 Summer Lesson credits which may be used during July and August for private, group or camp programs. Should a student terminate lessons during the year, the balance of the deposit will be refunded to the student.
It is understood that Inspired Minds Music will provide an electronic invoice on a monthly basis and that lesson fees are due by the 8th of every month.
The STUDENT agrees to pay tuition fees in accordance with lesson costs by one of the following payment options:
- E-Transfers should be sent to payments@InspiredMindsMusic.com
Please use the password; IMMtuition.
- Credit (Visa or Mastercard)
- Cash or Cheque (made out to Inspired Minds Music)
Please note: A twenty five dollar ($25) administrative fee will be charged to the PAYOR for any cheques returned to Inspired Minds Music as NSF (non-sufficient funds). Full payment of NSF amount plus the twenty five dollar ($25) fee must be received within ten (10) days of notification.
The STUDENT may terminate their enrollment at Inspired Minds Music at any time by giving thirty (30) days written notice to Inspired Minds Music or by choosing to opt out of an automatic renewal of this agreement during the annual re-registration period.
Inspired Minds Music reserves the right to terminate this enrollment agreement for non-payment of fees or for disruptive behavior by the STUDENT.
It is agreed that missed lessons by the STUDENT will be charged at the regular rate. Further, any makeup lessons owing to a student as described in this agreement will be scheduled and confirmed with the instructor. Once a makeup lesson is confirmed it may not be rescheduled again.
- Private Students: The STUDENT, studying one on one with an instructor, will be permitted four (4) makeup lessons per year provided that a minimum of four (4) hours of notice are given for each absence. Should an Instructor be absent, the student will be given a make-up lesson by the teacher, or a suitable substitute.
- Semi-Private, Group and Ensemble Students: The STUDENT, studying in these settings, will not receive a makeup lesson for student absences. However, to ensure consistent progression in the group, the STUDENT may request a copy of the lesson content and homework sheet to be emailed by the teacher or left at reception for pick up before the next scheduled class.
- In cases where Inspired Minds Music or the INSTRUCTOR cancel due to insurmountable inclement weather or illness, the STUDENT will receive a makeup lesson. Please check the web site, our Facebook page or call the school after 12:00 p.m. for the status of lessons during inclement weather. It is the responsibility of the STUDENT to ensure the school is open before attending lessons.
Media Consent, Waiver, Indemnity and Release
The STUDENT hereby consents to and authorizes Inspired Minds Music to photograph, film, or record classes, rehearsals or performances. The STUDENT grants to Inspired Minds Music the right to use, publish, or display the Recordings for promotional purposes. For confidentiality and safety; names will not be published.
The STUDENT agrees that the Recordings shall constitute the exclusive property of Inspired Minds Music and hereby waives any right to inspect or approve the use of the Recordings. The STUDENT hereby releases, indemnifies, and holds harmless Inspired Minds Music from and against any claims, demands, damages, or liability arising from or related to the use of the Recordings as permitted herein, including but not limited to claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, rights of publicity, or copyright infringement. The STUDENT waives any and all copyrights, intellectual property rights, privacy rights, moral rights and any other rights to the Recordings. The STUDENT acknowledges that they are not entitled to and shall not seek any compensation fees or royalties of any kind, arising in any way from the creation, or publication of the Recordings, irrespective of whether the Recordings are used or not, and that nothing contained herein shall entitle the STUDENT to copies of or rights to any of the Recordings or derivative works created from the Recordings.
The STUDENT has read this consent, waiver, indemnity and release before signing below, and fully understands its contents, meaning and impact and that it is binding on the STUDENT, and the STUDENT’s heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
We collect and use personal information only for internal purposes so that we may manage your account and provide you with the services which you have requested of Inspired Minds Music
Personal information gathered by Inspired Minds Music is kept in confidence in accordance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). Our staff and volunteers treat the STUDENT’s personal information with caution and care and follow safety measures to ensure the protection of your personal information. Access or information is given only as necessary to allow them to perform services for which the information was gathered or for the service which was contracted. We also take measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent it being lost or destroyed.
The STUDENT’s personal information is defined as any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include but is not limited to address, phone number, lesson time/room number, recital or festival times, payment or banking information, e-mail address etc.
Pursuant to PIPEDA, the STUDENT consents to the collection of their personal information as defined herein, to be used for the purposes outlined above by Inspired Minds Music.
Further and Most Importantly
By completing our online enrollment agreement and checking “I Agree to These Terms and Conditions” will be considered equivalent to my physical signature on a printed copy of this agreement.